Tuesday, 22 January 2008
Irma Boom Lecture
Irma Boom's lecture was really fasinating - I studied her work for a project I completed in the 2nd year and I was particularly interested to hear her speak in person. Her layouts and use of the page space has really inspired me in earlier projects. Hearing about her ideas behind some of her book designs were really inspirational and I was really disappointed I wasn't able to take part in her masterclass she gave in college. One particular book that I thought was very interesting was a book that read in two ways it was designed for an interior designer who wanted to show both inside and outside areas of her design work so Irma used a soft cover so you could flick through the pages, she printed all the outside areas on one side of her book and if you turned the book the other way up and flicked through you would see all the interiors - very clever!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment